The Transition Aged Youth Program is for those 18-25 with issues of behavioral health including substance use disorders. The program offers one-on-one peer support and advocacy services. A referral is not required. We are a voice for young adults. Please call us to set up a time to talk.
TRANSITION AGED YOUTH
The peer support staff can assist those by;
- Developing a personal recovery plan using WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan)
- Defining individual goals and personal objectives including securing housing, education, or employment
- Providing transportation as available to attend entitlement appointments
- Connecting young adults with the age appropriate services and supports to gain a level of independence
- Open Monday - Friday from 10 AM – 4:00 PM by appointment.
TRANSITION AGED YOUTH SUPPORT
Support and guidance provided to individuals in a self-directed process. The staff will build on strengths, identify challenges and help to develop a plan of action. The staff supports all who wish to become better advocates for themselves. The staff are able to assist individuals with the ways to cope with any challenges and issues.
TRANSITION AGED YOUTH SERVICES
Support - Groups or one-on-one sessions to have participants and staff help each other
in alternative coping strategies through lived experiences.
Assistance - link up with other programs in the community
Information and Education - Community partners and peers sharing their knowledge in
an open, safe environment on a daily basis or as needed
TRANSITION AGED YOUTH PROGRAM
The office is located at:
121 East Antietam Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740
The program is staffed by peers who are there to assist with issues of:
Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Substance Use Disorders, Independence/Housing
The program provides a network and programming to assist adults on the road to recovery and independence and works to promote wellness in our vision of peer support and advocacy. The TAY program is the voice for young adults age 18-25.
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR ANY OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED.